Monday, June 15, 2009
We headed out to Boston Pride 2009 on Saturday and had a great time. We were joined by Weesa Bug (my sister) and met up with some friends down there as well. We had some really great seats for the parade....a top a wall on Tremont...which made for a great viewing spot.
We also hit up the festival for awhile and then headed over to Esme, which like always was super insane. Going makes me miss the music and fun at Friends Landing since dancing around to Linda Lowell brings back many many memories :) The place was packed beyond what you can imagine...all of us crammed into a alley in Boston...good times.
After Esme we hit up Fanuiel Hall for a bit and then headed to Fire & Ice for dinner. If you have never been, you HAVE to go. It is awesome. You pick all this food you want and put it in this bowl and then bring it to this huge grill in the center of the restaurant and then they cook it right up for you. There are all kinds of things to pick from and then like 15-20 sauces. You can keep going back as many times as you want all for one really great price. Weesa and I had their "Special" Drink which was a 21 oz frozen Strawberry Mango Marg.. it was only 10 bucks and it was FANTASIC!! After dinner the 3 of us shared the Chocolate Fruit Fondue and that was also just as amazing...like I said...if you have not been, you have to check it out.
We boarded the doggy Friday am since we didn't know what time we would be home on Sat. It turned out good because we actually got to sleep in for once on Sunday am which was really nice. I can't remember the last time I slept past 6am on a Sat or Sun. We hit up Bud's for breakfast and then headed over to Countryside to pick up Prince Harry. He was so excited to see us! We took him over to Petco, with the coupons we got at Pride, and got him a new bed for his crate and of course our favorite purchase...poop bags. Scented ones this time! lol
Needless to say the rest of the day was lazy...we all napped, including the dog and the 3 cats. Headed to Stop & Shop around 4:30 for some groceries, cooked dinner, and relaxed some more. All in all it was a great weekend...
This week will be busy too...Viv finally goes back to work today after 8 weeks of recoup after Surgery. Softball games Mon & Wed this week, Saturday is Julie's baby shower and RibFest, Sunday we celebrate Steve's big 27 and Father's Day and Tuesday I am off to NYC until Friday am for work... Before all that happens we still need to clean the house which is a disaster!! We were just too pooped to do it yesterday :)
Well Back to work for me...
Happy Monday Everyone!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?! 'Have you ever kissed someone? Missed someone? Told someone you loved them? Drank alcohol?' ...38 questions for the people who are a little older...Pass it On
.1. What bill do you hate paying the most? Comcast Cable Bill- It is just ridiculous that TV& Internet are so expensive
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?Hmm...It's been awhile with the surgery and all..
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?Getting a Mani/Pedi :)
4. How many colleges did you attend? Just one thanks..but looking into my Masters..
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? It was clean and matches my skirt
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices? There is no escape. If we want to drive we have to pay...if you don't want to pay buy a fucking bicycle
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? Gotta wake Viv up
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?Who knows, I was too sleepy to have any thoughts
9. Do you miss being a child? I guess. It's nice to have someone do everything for you
10. What errand/chore do you despise?Putting away clean laundry
11. Get up early or sleep in?Get up early so I don't waste any of my day on the weekends!
12. Have you found real love yet? Yuppers
13. Favorite lunch meat? Turkey I guess
14. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? Toilet Paper, kitty litter, and cat food most likely
15. Beach or lake?Beach!
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?Not at all and EVERYONE should be able to marry
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives? Wisteria Lane please
18.What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Maybe the President. All the rest of them are just like regular people to me I guess...maybe Jon & Kate and their 8
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? No, but someone else crashed in the entire front end.
20. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? Never had to
21. Ring tone? Everyone has their own & NO I am not listing them
2. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?WTF?.
23. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?San Diego or Laguana Beach or San Fran with the gays!
24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?I like my career and relationship , but I guess career
25. How old are you? 31 HA!
26. Do you have a go-to person? sure sure
27. Are you where you want to be in life? Pretty Close and working on the rest ;)
28. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons? My little pony, Rainbow Bright, Jem & the holograms and Strawberry Shortcake
29. What about you do you think has changed the most? I think I am just more well rounded now that I have gone through some really difficult times in my life
30. Looking back at high school, were they the best years of your life?Hell no! College was the BEST! lol
31. Are there times you still feel like a kid?Sure.
32. Did you ever own troll dolls? Of course!
33. Did you have a pager? for a bit
34. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager? Umm..Kelly's House, Lynn's House, My house..
35. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with? Yes
36.Who do you think impacted your life the most?My Parents
37. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?No not really,OK Seriously...these are lame questions and not very adult ;) but they helped me pass some time! lol