Monday, June 15, 2009
We headed out to Boston Pride 2009 on Saturday and had a great time. We were joined by Weesa Bug (my sister) and met up with some friends down there as well. We had some really great seats for the parade....a top a wall on Tremont...which made for a great viewing spot.
We also hit up the festival for awhile and then headed over to Esme, which like always was super insane. Going makes me miss the music and fun at Friends Landing since dancing around to Linda Lowell brings back many many memories :) The place was packed beyond what you can imagine...all of us crammed into a alley in Boston...good times.
After Esme we hit up Fanuiel Hall for a bit and then headed to Fire & Ice for dinner. If you have never been, you HAVE to go. It is awesome. You pick all this food you want and put it in this bowl and then bring it to this huge grill in the center of the restaurant and then they cook it right up for you. There are all kinds of things to pick from and then like 15-20 sauces. You can keep going back as many times as you want all for one really great price. Weesa and I had their "Special" Drink which was a 21 oz frozen Strawberry Mango Marg.. it was only 10 bucks and it was FANTASIC!! After dinner the 3 of us shared the Chocolate Fruit Fondue and that was also just as amazing...like I said...if you have not been, you have to check it out.
We boarded the doggy Friday am since we didn't know what time we would be home on Sat. It turned out good because we actually got to sleep in for once on Sunday am which was really nice. I can't remember the last time I slept past 6am on a Sat or Sun. We hit up Bud's for breakfast and then headed over to Countryside to pick up Prince Harry. He was so excited to see us! We took him over to Petco, with the coupons we got at Pride, and got him a new bed for his crate and of course our favorite purchase...poop bags. Scented ones this time! lol
Needless to say the rest of the day was lazy...we all napped, including the dog and the 3 cats. Headed to Stop & Shop around 4:30 for some groceries, cooked dinner, and relaxed some more. All in all it was a great weekend...
This week will be busy too...Viv finally goes back to work today after 8 weeks of recoup after Surgery. Softball games Mon & Wed this week, Saturday is Julie's baby shower and RibFest, Sunday we celebrate Steve's big 27 and Father's Day and Tuesday I am off to NYC until Friday am for work... Before all that happens we still need to clean the house which is a disaster!! We were just too pooped to do it yesterday :)
Well Back to work for me...
Happy Monday Everyone!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?! 'Have you ever kissed someone? Missed someone? Told someone you loved them? Drank alcohol?' ...38 questions for the people who are a little older...Pass it On
.1. What bill do you hate paying the most? Comcast Cable Bill- It is just ridiculous that TV& Internet are so expensive
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?Hmm...It's been awhile with the surgery and all..
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?Getting a Mani/Pedi :)
4. How many colleges did you attend? Just one thanks..but looking into my Masters..
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? It was clean and matches my skirt
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices? There is no escape. If we want to drive we have to pay...if you don't want to pay buy a fucking bicycle
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? Gotta wake Viv up
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?Who knows, I was too sleepy to have any thoughts
9. Do you miss being a child? I guess. It's nice to have someone do everything for you
10. What errand/chore do you despise?Putting away clean laundry
11. Get up early or sleep in?Get up early so I don't waste any of my day on the weekends!
12. Have you found real love yet? Yuppers
13. Favorite lunch meat? Turkey I guess
14. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? Toilet Paper, kitty litter, and cat food most likely
15. Beach or lake?Beach!
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?Not at all and EVERYONE should be able to marry
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives? Wisteria Lane please
18.What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Maybe the President. All the rest of them are just like regular people to me I guess...maybe Jon & Kate and their 8
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? No, but someone else crashed in the entire front end.
20. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? Never had to
21. Ring tone? Everyone has their own & NO I am not listing them
2. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?WTF?.
23. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?San Diego or Laguana Beach or San Fran with the gays!
24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?I like my career and relationship , but I guess career
25. How old are you? 31 HA!
26. Do you have a go-to person? sure sure
27. Are you where you want to be in life? Pretty Close and working on the rest ;)
28. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons? My little pony, Rainbow Bright, Jem & the holograms and Strawberry Shortcake
29. What about you do you think has changed the most? I think I am just more well rounded now that I have gone through some really difficult times in my life
30. Looking back at high school, were they the best years of your life?Hell no! College was the BEST! lol
31. Are there times you still feel like a kid?Sure.
32. Did you ever own troll dolls? Of course!
33. Did you have a pager? for a bit
34. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager? Umm..Kelly's House, Lynn's House, My house..
35. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with? Yes
36.Who do you think impacted your life the most?My Parents
37. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?No not really,OK Seriously...these are lame questions and not very adult ;) but they helped me pass some time! lol
Monday, May 18, 2009
The work meetings went good and everyone seemed really pleased with our new materials. Plus it was nice to get out and into clients offices and see how they work.
Unfortuetly I came back sick,....I figure I have either a sinus infection or the swine flu. Either way I have to get better since I am going on vacation on Thursday and I don't want to be sick the entire time. I have been looking forward to it since last Memorial Day so I have to get better.
So this week is full of house cleaning, packing, and getting better.
let's hope all goes well....
Monday, May 4, 2009
Viv is doing good. She is up and moving around now so we took a couple field trips this weekend...Nothing too exciting...Lowe's, Walmart,out to dinner with Lisa & Kevin and then yesterday we went to the Corgi Meet-up.
The dog has been at the vet twice in the last week cause apparently he likes to eat rocks and there are some rocks in his little belly... and now he does not want to drink water. Which is frustrating. Ever try giving a dog pedialite that does not even want to drink water? Let me just tell ya....freezing it into cubes works but they are super sticky. And seriously how long can he survive on those? Yesterday he drank water at the Meet-up but he won't at home. He is so stubborn!
I have to admit I am a little overwhelmed with keeping up with the house, laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, working, and taking care of the pets all by myself. My house looks like a semi-disaster area and I have 2 loads of laundry still to do...if I don't do them today, I might be at worked naked tomorrow which no one wants to witness.
I am heading to NYC next week for a quick work trip and will be gone from Tues and coming back on Thur. I am hoping Viv will be ok while I am gone. Then the next week is finally time for vacation...which honestly I am looking forward to more than anything right now. I need it bad.
So tonight is grocery shopping, laundry, and maybe some stress relief baking...I got some new cookie cutters I want to try out :)
Friday, April 24, 2009
I like to start with a home made Coconut Cake and then use homemade Whipped Cream and a combo of Fresh and Frozen Strawberries! This is a perfect dessert after a BBQ...just keep it in the fridge until serving time :)
All Ingredients at Room Temp
Combine in Mixer first:
3 sticks unsalted butter
2 cups white sugar
5 Extra large eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla
1.5 tsp almond extract
1 cup Milk ( you can also use Lactaid)
Then sift in:
3 cups flour
.5 tsp baking powder
.5 tsp baking soda
.5 tsp salt
Once mixed add in about 4oz of Shredded Coconut
You can use either 2 8" round or sq pans or one 13x9
Bake on 350 for about 20ish minutes...I start checking cakes after 20 but sometimes they can take up to 30 depending on your oven.
Once cake is completely cooled...make your Whipped Topping.
1 container Heavy whipping cream
2 TBS Sugar
Or you can buy 2 large tubs of Cool Whip :) or if lactose intolerant you can use Soyatoo Whip Cream ( at Whole Foods, possibly Trader Joes)
You will also need about 2 lbs of fresh sliced strawberries and one small tub of pre-sliced frozen strawberries in sugar.
Slice each cake in 2 layers carefully.
Put down first layer...cover top in whipped topping and arrange some berries. Continue on with remaining layers using a little fresh and defrosted berries on each layer... when you get to the very top cover nicely with remaining whipped topping and then decorate neatly with berries.
This dessert is super tasty! Enjoy!!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Viv's surgery went very well. She came home Saturday morning. She is well rested and I am exhausted. I have not really slept and have not had a good decent meal since Wednesday. Maybe I will lose a few pounds! lol Just kidding. Seriously I need a good dinner or something.
Playing nurse is harder than I thought. Specially when Viv is stuck upstairs and I am constantly going up and down. I find myself getting lonely downstairs while she is upstairs, but the dog can only be left alone uncrated for so long before he will destroy something. Plus Viv needs to rest up and get better so she can chill downstairs with me. Currently the stairs are hard to manage.
Staples come out today... 15 of them to be exact. I am hoping once they are out sleeping will be a bit more comfy. Currently there are about 7 pillows on the bed plus a "husband". It's crowded in the Queen Size the past few nights.
But things are good. She is feeling better and not really taking the Perks anymore...the motrin seems to do the trick. Now if I can only survive the next 8 weeks we will be all set.
I am already looking forward to Memorial Day vacation... Maybe I can get a "how many days" update from my sis... I am already looking forward to relaxing on the porch and some Ptown Retail therapy!!!!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Viv's surgery went well yesterday so thanks for everyone for all your well wishes! The Dr said everything looks good so now she is resting up in the maternity ward. Works for me since I get to see the babies everytime I go visit :)
She should be home tomorrow and is in for 6-8 weeks of rest and recovery!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
The trip should be interesting. I am meeting with clients to review our new specifiers guide and samples. A few days to myself will be nice, but I will miss Viv and the kitties and dog. I will just have to get my sister to check in on her :)
So I will be in NYC from May 12 and leaving the night of the 14th if anyone I know what's to meet up!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Yesterday we went to Easter lunch with Viv's fam. Papo was up from NY..LOVE HIM..and Titi Carmen was up from FL. It was nice to see them since we dont see them all that often. I love Papo..he is a riot. Too bad Carlos was in PR. After that went to my fam's to say hello and hang out for a bit and came home with a easter basket full of goodies. I did get my stainless steel measuring cups and spoons from Viv in my Easter Basket. So sweet...
Viv has her big surgery on Thursday. We are both nervous and excited. I know she will be fine and obviously when she comes home from the hospital I will be taking excellent care of her. My mum is going to help sometimes since I have to go back to work..just until she is back on her feet and can actually go up and down the stairs. Since that is the biggest thing currrently going on, we are really looking forward to our annual Memorial Day vacation.
I am heading to NYC for a few days in May for work the week before, but by the time memorial day comes around we are really going to need the break. If nothing else, I will need the break! lol Lisa is coming to Ptown with us this year, so I know we will have good time. She is really looking forward to it and we are staying at the White Wind Inn again this year...it is by FAR our favorite place to stay. It may be the most expensive, but is it is also our fav. Its the place to go to be spoiled and nothing compares to chillin on that porch watching the drunks fall all over themselves after T!
So that's it for today...lots going on and lots to look forward to! I tend to use my facebook more these days, so you can also find me on there! OH and my new email addres..... firstname.lastname@example.org now....it's back to the daily grind!