Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Baking Begins!

Well the Christmas baking begins this weekend. I have almost all of my ingredients and just need a few last minute decor items to round off my list. Oh and about 6 cookie sheets!
Some of my 2009 Holiday Cookies


This year I am not only shipping cookies to loved ones but I am taking on the task of also provided my mum with baked goods for about 16 people at her work.

Here is the list on what I plan on making:
Sugar Cookies - cut and fully decorated in holiday shapes. This year I am thinking of sticking to 6 shapes only. Last year it got out of hand!

Peppermint Bark- mine is almost as good as the William Sonoma ( www.williamsonoma.com ) brand

Chocolate Chip Cookies- always a favorite and I have recipes for about 20 versions!

Gingerbread Boys and Girls

Peppermint Patty Holiday Cookies with crushed peppermint candies - so easy you won't believe it!

Spritz Cookies- a long time holiday classic

I might add one or two more types but I think the above should be a good enough variety. I also plan on trying my hand at my first ever Busch de Noel.

All that being said over the next 3 weeks there will be random posts of recipes of all of the above with photos and some step by step info.  I may also post some recipes that didn't make the chopping block this year but are favorites of mine, minus pictures.

Seeing as baking is starting either tomorrow or Sunday I shall return with some yummy treats!

In the meantime, if you are in need of any special recipes let me know! I have tons in my arsenal for all experience levels and I am always happy to make suggestions if you are stuck on what to make.

Happy Holiday Baking!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment