Thursday, January 13, 2011

After the storm...

Living in New England always has it's ups and downs in the winter months. After the holidays I needed some time to decompress from all my holiday baking. We headed out on our cruise just two days after Christmas and we had the best time ever. I would highly recommend a Royal Caribbean cruise to anyone who asks.  We had such a good time, we are already booked for this Nov.


Me, Robert, and Viv right after we landed in Miami. 
Since we have just be trying to get all the holiday gear put back in the basement and picking up around the house. I think I still have an unpacked suitcase somewhere!

Yesterday we were lucky enough to get 20+ inches of snow...and yet we both still had to get to work. Boy was that fun. Thankfully the guys from work dug out my car since apparently the plow guy put so much snow around our cards it was up to the windows. I would have pissed if I went out at the end of a long day and saw that. Needless to day, there were treats of homemade Ginger Snaps for those work guys this am as a tasty treat. I had to do something other than say "oh hey, thanks for digging out my entire car!". I will try to blog the recipe in a few days. It is pretty easy actually and a change for your normal chocolate chip cookie.

My eating habits are getting pretty good too. I am down as of today about 95 lbs. I think I finally have my eating patterns down and as long as I plan ahead I do pretty good each day with my meals. I have some new things I am going to try in the upcoming weeks so we will see how that goes! I have a new love for these chocolate peppermint protein bars I found recently. They are super tasty and taste like a candy bar and at the same time, are low in sugar, carbs, and high in protein which is perfect. It's like getting a special treat without cheating! It's pretty awesome I have to say when on this crazy journey to find something super yummy when you thought you might never eat anything super yummy ever again.
Today I actually put on a pair of size 12 jeans. They were Viv's and I think they are a big 12, since none of her other jeans fit me quite yet, but the tag said a big ol' 12 and that made me do a little dance. The other day I bought 14's and that made me do a dance too....specially when my previous size was double that. My love of shopping was bad before, but I really love to shop now.  I had cute clothes before but bigger clothes are much more expensive so now I have cute and cheaper clothes which I guess is when you are buying them every few weeks it's a plus :)

On a final note, on day 2 of the snow fall, notice I earlier said 20 + inches, our dumb ass neighbors have YET as of right this minute (after 9pm on Thur) to clean off their damn car in the driveway. It's the one thing I hate about sharing it. They are redic. The entire driveway is so nice and clean except for their snowed in cars..and when they eventually clean them off, the drive will be a mess and then I am going to  knock them out with my shovel for being a pain in my ass.

Ok, that's it for today....

Looking forward to the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment