Monday, January 24, 2011

Protein Ice Cream! Great for WLS patients

So as many of you may or may not know, I am in the process of undergoing a big weight loss. ..

YES, I've had help, and NO it's still not easy, but I have found some foods and recipes that are making my life easier. I have found they are not only good for helping to fight the weight loss battle but just good for healthy eating in general.

I recently stumbled upon some really great Protein Ice Cream recipes. Since I can't eat regular Ice cream since it is not weight loss friendly, these recipes by Eggface- google: The World According to Eggface- are amazing.  The base is super simple and then you can take that base recipe and do really whatever you want to it.

I bought the Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment. After having it for a whole 2 days I am in love.  Kitchen Aid Mixer is one of the best things ever invented. Just try and convince me otherwise!

Last Nights Protein Ice Cream Recipe (and the first I have ever made) was Chocolate Caramel Swirl with Sugar Free Chocolate bits

Recipe:
1 cup Milk (at least 2% or you can also use Vanilla Soy milk)
2 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder (higher the protein the better)
2 TB Torini Sugar Free Caramel Flavor Syrup
1TB Sugar Free Smuckers Caramel Sauce
1/4 cup Sugar Free Chocolate bits

Mix everything except for the chocolate bits and then follow your mixer instructions.
I put my chocolate bits in 5 minutes before the ice cream is done.

When it's done it will be like soft serve. I like to put mine in tupperware and then freeze it for awhile before digging in!

The best thing about these ice creams is that you can take the milk and protein powder base (try vanilla, strawberry, etc) and try your own add-ins and different syrups.  Even better is that I didn't feel guilty after eating it and since I can only eat a tiny bit of it, a batch will last me quite a while.

Tomorrow I am thinking of trying to make a Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream with bits of Sugar Free Candy Canes. ... If it works out, recipe to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment