Monday, October 31, 2011

Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip cookies pre-weight loss surgery were one of my favorite things. Fresh from the oven the warm melty goodness of chocolate chips used to scream my name. These days good old full fat, full sugar chocolate chip cookies would do a number on my pouch.

A few weeks ago I was doing some online research and found this really great blog called Spoonful of Sugar Free. There are some really great recipes on here including one for Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I was iffy about this one, but after baking them, mine looked a little different than the original bloggers, they were pretty tasty. Not the exact same yummy goodness, but good in their own right. I even fed one to my dad and didn't tell them they were made with beans. I said" so how was it" and he said " good....interesting". He didn't want to know what was in them so I didn't tell him.

Here is a link to the original blog. I used Sugar Free Chocolate Chips and I used about 6 oz instead of the listed ammt. I would totally make these again. Next time I think I will add some Torani Syrup and see what happens....

Let me know if you try these out and what you think!
http://spoonfulofsugarfree.com/2011/06/15/high-protein-cookies/

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed them! I like to think of them more as protein bars...without processed junk.

    ReplyDelete