Friday, October 21, 2011

Apple Almond Quick Bread

A fellow blogger friend had a recipe for  Strawberry Almond Quick Breadthat was super delicious and since I have a fridge full of yummy fresh picked apples I thought might try and see if I could change the recipe around a bit. Low and behold a delicious loaf of bread came bursting out of my oven.




Here is what you will need:
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1-1/2 cups All purpose or Spelt flour
2/3 cup Splenda (that's what I use since I have to be sugar free but you can use regular Sugar)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ginger (ground or about 1/2 tsp fresh grated)
1/2 tsp Apple Pie Spice
1 healthy TB lemon zest
2 eggs
1/2 cup Veg Oil ( or canola)
3 large apples peeled and diced
1/4 milk (add very last)
1/8 cup Torani Caramel (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350 and butter and flour a 5x9 loaf pan. I love pam for baking. Saves me time and effort.

Cook prepared apples in pan for about 5 min until slightly tender. I like to add 1/8 cup Torani Caramel while cooking for a little extra zing but you can leave it out and use water.

Combine all dry ingredients. Add wet except for apples and milk. Fold apples into mixture and stir a few times. If it seems dry, slowly add the milk. Some days I use 1/8 cup, some days I use 1/4. All depends.

When all looks good, add to prepared pan. I cooked mine for about 55-60 min. 
Cool on wire rack for 10 min and remove from pan. Slice once cool. 

I brought mine to work and kept a couple pieces for us at the house. They were delish.

If you try this recipe out let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment