Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Addicted to my scale....

So no recipe today....just a nice rant :)

I have been attending a "Hungry Head" class at my WLS center to help make sure my eating habits are what they should be. One of the main things they teach you in this class is to only eat when you are actually hungry and not just because your head thinks you want a snack.

I stopped snacking for almost 10 months right after surgery but now sometimes I want a snack after dinner just because. Now, I am not eating "bad" snacks. I eat things like 1oz of cheese or a serving of nuts, etc. I do have an addicition to Ritz crackers so in good faith, I walked past them in the supermarket this week. If they are not in my house, I can't eat them. Insert sad pouty face here.

The other thing we are working on in class is only getting on the scale once a week. I will admit that I have become crazy about getting on the scale. I have convinced myself that I need to weigh a certain ammt and that I won't be happy until I get to it. Yes I have gone from a size 28 to a size 12, but my scale does not say what I want it to. I know that nuts and it's a mental thing I have to work on. I tend to get on the scale everytime I go to the gym and I honestly have to stop.  I do have a scale at home, but I feel like it is not ever accurate. It always say something different than the scale at my gym or at my wls center. My sister told me today she was going to come over and steal my scale just so I don't get it on. My mum and sister are trying to help me stop the craziness with the scale but I am a work in progress.

In that vain, I am going home today and throwing out my at home scale. I am also going to do my best to only weigh myself on Monday nights for the next few weeks when I go to my Hungry Head class. It may almost kill me not to get on the scale at the gym, but I know I can do it. A note to my family....if you see me heading for the scale, yell at me and tell me no! lol

I am also going to do my best to not have any snacks after dinner. I don't need them and I am eating them when I am not hungry.

So that is my rant and pledge for the day. Now let's see if I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment