Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Black Bean and Mango Salad

As we (the wife and I ) were walking through Whole Foods the other day she saw a listing for what looked like a yummy and wls friendly recipe. She is always thinking of what I can and can't eat and typically does eat everything I cook. I appreciate not having to make two different meals each night. Because she is now eating what I eat, she is down 20 lbs! We are both going to look super fab for our cruise in November.

Here is what we had with our dinner last night.


Black Bean and Mango Salad
What you will need:
2 15oz cans of Black Beans- drained and rinsed well
1 large Mango - cut into chunks (I suggest buying one that is already cut up for you)
1 small red onion- minced
1 medium red bell pepper- minced ( orange or yellow bell pepper would be good too)
1 jalapeno- minced and seeded
4 generous TB of minced fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 fresh and juicy lime- zested and juiced
Salt & Pepper to taste ( I like sea salt and fresh ground pepper)


Mix beans (rinsed well), mango, onion, peppers, cilantro, and garlic in bowl.
I like to put the onion and garlic in last.
Top with lime rest and juice. Let sit 2 min so the lime juice starts to cut down on the onion taste. Toss.
Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.

Chill and serve

SO DELICIOUS!

Makes 4-6 regular size servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment