Monday, January 16, 2012

Cheesy Jammy Pillows

I saw this recipe on Pinterest...my new obsession and had to try and re-create it. If you have not checked out Pinterest, do it. If you need an invite email me your leave me a comment with your email address and I will send you one. It's addictive, but I find it useful and very creative.

Here is my recipe for yummy cheesy jammy pillows as I am calling them!
Ingredients: This recipe makes 6 larger "pillows"

1 sheet defrosted Puff pastry
1 egg- mixed with 1TB water to create an egg wash
Chuck of Brie- the more puffs the more brie you need!
Jam of your liking- I used Red Raspberry Preserve and it was delish!

How to:
Preheat over to 350F.
Defrost your puff pastry for about 40 min. Cut along each fold line. Cut each fold line in half and then in half again. This will give you 12 rectangle pieces which will yield 12 pillows.

Brush 6 of the pieces with the egg wash. Place a small piece of brie in the center of each puff and top with about 1-2 tsp of the jam.
Place 2nd piece of puff pastry on top and crimp around all sides with a fork. Try and avoid jam squeeze out if you can. I could not, because I obviously like too much cheese and too much jam in each little pillow :)

I baked mine about 12 min until light golden brown. I should have snapped pics as I went but I had no idea so many people would ask for the finished recipe, hence the cell phone awful photo below. They started as a nice little treat to eat during football.

If you make these let me know how they turn out and what jam combo's you try so I can try them next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn,
    It was great to meet you last night. Your recipes look delish! Hope to see you again soon.

    Kelly
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.findingmywayatlast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete