Monday, January 23, 2012

Chocolate Fudge Pie! Healthy & Sugar Free

For all of you who asked, here is the original link the the Chocolate Fudge Pie made with Tofu Chocolate Bar Pie by Chocolate Covered Katie.

Of course I can't leave a recipe well enough alone so I made a few changes. Make sure you use the FIRM tofu. I made mine with 1TB cocoa powder, sugar free chocolate chips and with Stevia in the Raw as my sweetener. Make sure you mix really well. I use my NINJA!

Now, this time I also made a crust. Next time, I won't. I am going with Katie on this one...so much better minus the crust!

Here is what I used for my crust:

1-3/4" cups of Fiber One Cereal (the one that looks like rabbet food) crushed up to look like graham cracker crumbs

4tsp melted butter- I use Earth Balance Vegan Spread

2TB Stevia (or sugar, splenda, or agave)

1tsp cinnamon

Mix all together and mash into a 9" pie pan. Bake a 350 for about 8-9 min.
Let cool completely before filling.

I didn't think so many people were going to ask for the recipe so I only took one pic of my piece yesterday. But it is delish! You can't see it but there is some Sugar Free Whipped Topping on the side...
If you try this recipe let me know how you like it! I am not really a tofu fan, but  a new way of eating introduces you to so many new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment