Thursday, March 22, 2012

WLS Friendly Chocolate Chip Banana Bread




My favorite banana bread recipe is one from Martha Stewart but post-op I can't eat it as originally written. Because I am a constant recipe tweaker the below is my latest version. Don't get me wrong...Martha is my go to girl, but below is a recipe I can have a piece of without feeling like someone is ripping out my pouch!

Here is what you will need:

9x5x3 loaf pan or mini loaf pans- buttered and floured ( I use the spray and line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper)

2 TB Melted Butter
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Golden Flaxseed ground
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 large egg, and 1 Egg White
2 tsp Vanilla ( I like the Vanilla Bean paste)
2 large Bananas mashed well ( about 3/4-1 cup)
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar or 1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar (which is what I use)
Handful or two of Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- Martha uses Walnuts but I don't


Prepare your pan and set aside.

Mix egg and egg white together. Add rest of wet ingredient and combine well.
Add mixture of dry ingredients ( I like to sift all the dry together first) to the wet and mix until just combined.
Stir in the Chocolate Chips (or whatever add in's you like) by hand gently.

Add to prepared pan and bake at 350 for about 25-30 min. It is done when your knife comes out clean!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment