Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mini Mexican Bowls


I have a love of spicy mexican food that I can never give up. In turn my other half is not a lover of the spice but still loves mexican food so here I have come up with my Mini Mexican Bowls.

Here is what you will need:
4-5 flour tortillas 
1lb cooked ground beef or turkey
2tsp taco seasoning
1/2 cup Salsa- I like mine chunky
1/2 cup shredded Mexican style blend cheese
1/2 cup re fried beans- I like pinto but you can use black beans as well
peppers in adobe if you date

Combine all of the above in a small bowl and set aside. 

Heat oven to 350 and grab your cupcake pan!

Using a cookie cutter or round glass etc cut out circles of the tortillas to fit down into the cupcake pan. It does not need to overhang it just needs to fit. About a 3" circle should do it. 

Place rounds in cupcake tin and fill with the mixture. You should get 12 from the batch. Top with a sprinkle of cheese. I like to put a couple tiny pieces of  peppers in adobe on top of mine. Bake about 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. 


Remove from pan and enjoy!
I had mine last night with a little cooked Kale from my garden...
These are so good you have to try them. They are healthy, quick, and freeze well!

~Jenn
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment