Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blueberry Muffins...delish!!

I had a friend ask me for my favorite muffin recipe today, so here it is. You can switch out the blueberries for really any fruit....or chocolate :)

So I was watching my favorite cooking show the other night with Ina Garten and she made the most delicious looking Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins. Now, technically I can't eat muffins, but I want to make these so darn bad. So I caved and made them for my family...

Ina Gartens Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins:
What you will need:
Muffin Cup liners
2 Muffin tins- makes about 16 muffins
Regular size Ice Cream Scoop- makes the perfect size muffins

Ingredients:
2tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2-1/2 cups Flour
3 XL Eggs
1-1/2 Sticks Butter
1-1/2 cups Sugar
1-1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Milk
8oz Sour Cream

1-2 cups Fresh or Thawed Blueberries



Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time then vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
Sift together Dry Ingredients and slowly add to wet mixture until just combined.



Fold in Blueberries gently so you don't break them! Scoop into prepared pans and bake at 350 for about 18-22 min.


I split my batter into two and made half blueberry and half chocolate chip!





I got a batch of 20 out of my batter...

If you give the recipe a try, let me know how it comes out!

Happy Baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment