Thursday, August 4, 2011

Custard & Strawberries Mock Tart

So I have not had much free time lately but the other day I was craving some English custard so I broke out the Birds container. While digging around for my splenda I thought why not kick this up a notch so I started seeing what I had around and voila now I have a Custard & Strawberries Mock Tart what works for my WLS lifestyle..

Here is what you will need:










For the "Tart" Crust:
1/4 cup Almond Meal
2 TB Golden Flaxseed Meal
2 tsp Splenda
2 tsp melted Earth Balance butter (just enough to make it like a crumb base mixture)


Pat into 4oz heat ramekins and bake for 6 min at 350. They will be slightly puffy.



For the Custard:




Bird's Custard- half recipe on container to 1 cup Milk and 1 TB mix. Use 1TB Splenda. Cook as directed.



 
 
 
Fill ramekins with warm custard mixture. Let cool for about 5 min.
Slice a couple strawberries in half and gently place on top of custard.
Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to cool.
 
These are super yummy and really hit the spot :)
 
Let me know if you try these out !
 
Happy Eating,
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Found this recipe when looking for a way to use the Bird's Custard mix I'd bought at Cost Plus World Market. These are awesome, and impressively low-calorie! I'll be making them again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked them! Many times I pour the hot custard over some oven baked apples too :) I have a ton of recipe links on Pinterest too so you can also follow me there!

    ReplyDelete