Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kitchen Essentials for Baking

I have been told that our kitchen is being taken over by baking supplies.  I don't agree. I have a handy little drawer thingy, approx 4' x 2' x 13" that fits in a small corner that holds all of my decorating supplies. My pans live in another cabinet.

There are some essentials ever baker must have or at least work towards getting.
Here is my list and I am always adding to it. 

Kitchen Aid Mixer- best wedding gift ever. I was so excited. I use it for everything. 
Measuring Cups and Spoons. - I have two sets of each in case I lose a measurement which happens when you are me!
Pyrex or any other glass measuring cups for 2 and 4 cup measures.
Wooden Spoons, Spoonula, Spatulas, etc.
Offset Spatulas in various sizes- mostly for frosting cakes
Cake Leveler- a new $4 purchase that I don't know how I lived without
Cupcake holders- I have tons...I think my collection might be a little out of control. Wilton ones are so cheap at the xmas tree shop.
Cupcake pans- small, standard, and I have one shaped like a giant cupcake
Extra Large Muffin Tin- who wants a tiny muffin?
4, 6, 8, 9, 12" cake rounds
Bundt Pans- I have a very small individual size, medium size and a large pan
Cookie Sheets
Cookie Cutters- I have over 100 at this point. If it is cute I buy it. After all they are pretty inexpensive
13x9
Half Sheet Pan- I love the Wilton one
8" square pans with square tall sides
Various shaped cake pans - Xmas Tree, fire engine, teddy bear, mini showmen, small hearts, etc. Some are silicone, which I am not a huge fan of.
William Sonoma Cake turntable for frosting, etc- another great gift I got. 
Decorating Supplies- Fondant(Wilton pre-made or you can make your own), Fondant Writers,  Icing Colors, paint brushes, etc
Packaging Supplies- ribbon, boxes, labels, etc

OK so maybe my supplies are a little excessive, but I love to bake and give treats to friends and family specially since I can't eat them anymore. Baking for me is a stress relief unless it's the holiday season and I am baking 20 dozen Sugar cookies and various other treats that I give away as gifts.

Does anything smell better than chocolate chip cookies in your oven? I think not.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's Pumpkin Whoopie Pie Cookies...they start with a store bought Sugar Cookie mix and are super simple to make and perfect for the season!

Happy Baking!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment